Saturday, November 6, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains: Smokey Eyes with the Mineralize Eye Shadow in She Who Dares

MAC Venomous Villains

How the heck did this happen? Someone tell me, please. Heads are gonna roll! How did we get halfway through September so fast? I demand an answer! :)

Before you know it, it’ll be fall, then winter, then FLASH! — it’s 2049 and I’m retiring from the blog to live out my golden years in Boca with my harem of cats!

God help me…

But maybe I’m getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should just try and focus on the good things about the end of this month, like the upcoming release of MAC Venomous Villains and how much I love Mineralize Eyeshadow duo in She Who Dares ($21).

mac venomous villains review swatches photos maleficent mineralize eyeshadow she who dares open
Mineralize Eyeshadow in She Who Dares

I think I might even like She Who Dares more than I like to shave my big toe, which is oddly, a lot. :) One of two Mineralize Eyeshadows in the Maleficent color story (the other being My Dark Magic), it makes short work of smokey eyes.

On one side of She Who Dares, a blackish myrtle with flecks of green glitter; on the other, a blackish sapphire with flecks of blue glitter. Both are quite sheer in pigmentation (semi-transparent), which I like with colors this dark because it makes it easier to find my sweet spot building the colors with layers.

Speaking of that, I think both sides of the duo are exceptionally easy to work with. Even on sooty smokey eyes, they don’t look crazy heavy.

mac venomous villains maleficent face of the day k2

For my makeup today, a glittery blue and green smokey eye, I used both of the colors in the She Who Dares duo, along with a few other Venomous Villains.


Clockwise from upper left: Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Truth & Light, Lipglass in Revenge is Sweet, Greasepaint Stick in Slick Black, Mineralize Eyeshadow in She Who Dares

Starting with my eyes, I applied a layer of the MAC Greasepaint Stick in Slick Black from Dr. Facilier’s color story (the evil dude from The Princess and the Frog) on my lids as an eyeshadow base.

Then, on top of the base, I applied a few layers of each of the two colors in She Who Dares — the greenish black in the crease and the blueish black on the lid and lower waterline.

Next, to make my eyes POP a little more, I lined both my upper and lower waterlines with the mighty MAC Technakohl liner in Graphblack.

Since the eyes are kinda bold, I tried to keep everything else quiet (shhh). That’s Dr. Facilier’s shimmery golden peach MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Truth & Light on the apples of my cheeks and Maleficent’s sheer fuchsia Lipglass in Revenge is Sweet on my lips.

mac venomous villains maleficent face of the day eye

mac venomous villains maleficent face of the day lip

mac venomous villains maleficent face of the day k3

There’s so much eye candy (literally AND figuratively) in Venomous Villains, but if you like easy smokey eyes, you might want to check out She Who Dares when the collection launches on the 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...